Eight Tax Benefits for Parents

Did you know that your children may help you qualify for some tax benefits? Here are 8 tax benefits to consider when filing your tax returns this year. Dependents. In most cases, a child can be claimed as a dependent in the year they were born. Child Tax Credit. You may be able to take…

Read More
Two Tax Credits to Help Pay Higher Education Costs

There are two federal tax credits available to help you offset the costs of higher education for yourself or your dependents.  These are the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. To qualify for either credit, you must pay postsecondary tuition and fees for yourself, your spouse or your dependent. The credit may be…

Read More
New Tax Court Ruling on Clergy Housing Allowance & Multiple Homes

Phil Driscoll owns two homes. One in Cleveland Tennessee and a lake home outside of Cleveland Tennessee. Phil Driscoll is an ordained gospel minister. Phil Driscoll Ministries paid for both homes and it was excluded from his income under the Pastor’s Housing allowance under Section 107 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. The IRS…

Read More
5 New Year’s Clergy Tax Resolutions

This year I will be more organized. I will make a tax file for the year. I will put important data in it during the year. I hate the stress of getting all my tax stuff together and crunching numbers, but every year it happens that way. Make one for 2010 as well, even though…

Read More
Five Important Facts about Dependents and Exemptions

Some tax rules affect every person who may have to file a federal income tax return – these rules include dependents and exemptions. Here are six important facts you should know about dependents and exemptions that will help you file your 2010 tax return. 1.     Exemptions reduce your taxable income. There are two types of…

Read More
Holidays & Weekends Affect 2011 Tax Deadlines

Every year, taxpayers in the United States have until April 15 to file their tax return or file an extension. Normally, the only exception is if April 15 falls on a Saturday, Sunday or national holiday. This year taxpayers get will an extra three days to file their 2010 tax returns due to a Washington …

Read More
Request Information

Complete the request form and a clergy tax, payroll or HR advisor will contact you

Click Here