Can Nursing Home Expenses be Claimed as Housing Allowance?

If the clergy person is a permanent resident of the nursing home, the housing allowance applies to the nursing home because the nursing home is the minister’s primary residence. Charges for food and medical care are not considered housing expenses. Ask the administrator of the residence to provide the portion of their monthly payments that…

Read More
Tax Deductions for Assisted Living Costs

If you or a family member lives in an assisted living facility, you know that assisted living costs continue to rise every year. But did you know some of those costs may be tax deductible? Medical expenses, including some long-term care expenses, are deductible if the expenses are more than 7.5 percent of your adjusted gross…

Read More
Commuting vs. Ministry Miles

Commute miles are from your home to your first ministry location and from your last ministry location to your home. Multiple trips you make throughout the day to your home are also considered commuting. Returning to the church from home for an evening meeting (such as a board meeting) would be considered commuting. Driving to…

Read More
Reminder: Third Quarter Estimated Taxes Due!!!

Clergy are subject to estimated tax payments on a quarterly basis which include federal, social security and state taxes. For example, when you receive clergy income in the first quarter of the year, the taxes are due at the end of that quarter. The year is divided into four payment periods, or due dates, for…

Read More

Complete the request form and a clergy tax, payroll or HR advisor will contact you

Click Here