The extended tax filing deadline of July 15th has arrived.

Due to closed service centers and limited staffing resulting from the pandemic, IRS has severely fallen behind on processing paper returns and answering phones. IRS says that they are processing paper returns in the order they are being received, but that still doesn’t help the millions-deep backlog of paper returns.

If you file a paper return today, there is no indication when it will be processed or when you will get your refund. Paper returns will not show up on the IRS “Where’s my refund” website, and the IRS discouraging phone calls about paper returns.

In other words, if you have the option to e-file, you should e-file your return.

If you missed the tax filing deadline, you can still file through Clergy Financial Resources. Visit our website at for more information.

<  Back

Clergy Financial Resources serves as a resource for clients to help analyze the complexity of clergy tax law, church payroll & HR issues. Our professionals are committed to helping clients stay informed about tax news, developments and trends in various specialty areas.

This article is intended to provide readers with guidance in tax matters. The article does not constitute, and should not be treated as professional advice regarding the use of any particular tax technique. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the information. Clergy Financial Resources and the author do not assume responsibility for any individual’s reliance upon the information provided in the article. Readers should independently verify all information before applying it to a particular fact situation, and should independently determine the impact of any particular tax planning technique. If you are seeking legal advice, you are encouraged to consult an attorney.

For more information or if you need additional assistance, please use the contact information below.

Clergy Financial Resources
11214 86th Avenue N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369

Tel: (888) 421-0101 
Fax: (888) 876-5101


Complete the request form and a clergy tax, payroll or HR advisor will contact you

Click Here