April 17, 2018

2017 Individual Tax Returns Due 
E-file or postmark your individual tax returns by midnight April 18, 2018.

2017 Tax Extension Form Due 
Need more time to prepare your tax return? File your request for a tax extension by April 17 to push your tax deadline back to October 15, 2018.

Clergy Financial Resources now has an easy option to file your extension.  Complete the request form below.

2017 Tax Return Extension Request

This extension is not an extension of time to pay. If you have not made all of your estimated payments for federal and state or anticipated a balance due for 2017, please forward this payment to the IRS/state prior to April 17, 2018. If you are unable to pay this balance due in full, you can still get the extension of time. However, the IRS may charge interest on the unpaid balance.  This extension will expire on October 15, 2018.

Make an Extension Payment

1Q – 2018 Estimated Tax Payment Due
Clergy are subject to estimated tax payments on a quarterly basis which include federal, social security and state taxes. For example, when you receive clergy income in the first quarter of the year, the taxes are due at the end of that quarter. The year is divided into four payment periods, or due dates, for estimated tax purposes which are listed below. Clergy can also elect to have income taxes withheld from their compensation by means of voluntary withholding agreements which may simplify the budgeting.  Postmark your payment by April 17, 2018 tax deadline.

Make a 2018 Estimated Payment to IRS

For your convenience, the following link includes the 2018 federal estimated tax vouchers and instructions. Many states now offer an online payment system, if you need to make state estimated payments.

2018 Estimated Payment Instructions

June 15, 2018

2Q – 2018 Estimated Tax Payment Due
If you have second-quarter clergy income or other self-employment income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, make sure your payment is postmarked by June 15, 2018 tax deadline.

September 17,  2018

3Q – 2018 Estimated Tax Payment Due
If you have third-quarter clergy income or other self-employment income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, make sure your third quarter payment is postmarked by Sept. 17, 2018 tax deadline.

October 15, 2018

Extended Individual Tax Returns Due
If you filed a tax extension for your 2017 tax return, you need to get it completed and postmarked by October 15, 2018.

  January 15, 2019

4Q – 2018 Estimated Tax Payment Due
If you have 4th quarter clergy income or other self-employment income that requires you to pay quarterly estimated taxes, get them postmarked by January 15, 2019 tax deadline.



<  Back

Clergy Financial Resources serves as a resource for clients to help analyze the complexity of clergy tax law, church payroll & HR issues. Our professionals are committed to helping clients stay informed about tax news, developments and trends in various specialty areas.

This article is intended to provide readers with guidance in tax matters. The article does not constitute, and should not be treated as professional advice regarding the use of any particular tax technique. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the information. Clergy Financial Resources and the author do not assume responsibility for any individual’s reliance upon the information provided in the article. Readers should independently verify all information before applying it to a particular fact situation, and should independently determine the impact of any particular tax planning technique. If you are seeking legal advice, you are encouraged to consult an attorney.

For more information or if you need additional assistance, please use the contact information below.

Clergy Financial Resources
11214 86th Avenue N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369

Tel: (888) 421-0101 
Fax: (888) 876-5101
Email: clientservices@clergyfinancial.com


Complete the request form and a clergy tax, payroll or HR advisor will contact you

Click Here