Housing / Manse / Parsonage Designation

The Regulations require that the housing allowance be designated pursuant to official action taken in advance of such payment by the employing church or other qualified organization.  Treas. Reg. § 1.107-1(b).

While this Regulation does not require the designation to be in writing, as a practical matter the designation should always be documented in advance of payment by official action of the qualified organization.  This may take different forms, such as by resolution, budget line item, corporate minutes, employment contract, etc.

Learn More

Do you still have questions? Clergy Financial Resources also offers Pro Advisor support for your housing and other tax questions. This support service is available at a flat rate of $95.00 for each 30-minutes session.

Pro Advisor I Tax Support

<  Back

Clergy Financial Resources serves as a resource for clients to help analyze the complexity of clergy tax law, church payroll & HR issues. Our professionals are committed to helping clients stay informed about tax news, developments and trends in various specialty areas.

This article is intended to provide readers with guidance in tax matters. The article does not constitute, and should not be treated as professional advice regarding the use of any particular tax technique. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the information. Clergy Financial Resources and the author do not assume responsibility for any individual’s reliance upon the information provided in the article. Readers should independently verify all information before applying it to a particular fact situation, and should independently determine the impact of any particular tax planning technique. If you are seeking legal advice, you are encouraged to consult an attorney.

For more information or if you need additional assistance, please use the contact information below.

Clergy Financial Resources
11214 86th Avenue N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369

Tel: (888) 421-0101 
Fax: (888) 876-5101
Email: clientservices@clergyfinancial.com


If you would like to learn more about our tax services designed for clergy or payroll, bookkeeping or HR designed for churches, please complete the request form to have an advisor contact you.

Click Here