If you’ve moved or you are planning on moving, don’t forget to update your mailing address with the Internal Revenue Service.

Normally, IRS just mails correspondence to the last address you listed on your last 1040 return, but if you’ve moved since then and your forwarding order with the post office has expired, you could miss out on important correspondence or even refund checks.

Fortunately, updating your address with IRS is fairly easy. Visit https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc157 to download a copy of Form 8822. The first page of the form lists information about you and your new address. The second page of the form has a list of addresses by state for mailing the form to IRS. Just fill it out, sign it (both spouses need to sign if filing jointly), and mail it in.

<  Back

Clergy Financial Resources serves as a resource for clients to help analyze the complexity of clergy tax law, church payroll & HR issues. Our professionals are committed to helping clients stay informed about tax news, developments and trends in various specialty areas.

This article is intended to provide readers with guidance in tax matters. The article does not constitute, and should not be treated as professional advice regarding the use of any particular tax technique. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the information. Clergy Financial Resources and the author do not assume responsibility for any individual’s reliance upon the information provided in the article. Readers should independently verify all information before applying it to a particular fact situation, and should independently determine the impact of any particular tax planning technique. If you are seeking legal advice, you are encouraged to consult an attorney.

For more information or if you need additional assistance, please use the contact information below.

Clergy Financial Resources
11214 86th Avenue N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369

Tel: (888) 421-0101 
Fax: (888) 876-5101
Email: clientservices@clergyfinancial.com


Complete the request form and a clergy tax, payroll or HR advisor will contact you

Click Here