Download and Print W-2 Forms
How to Download and Print W-2 Forms in Patriot Software
Optional: Before you download and print your W-2s, you can run the Employee W-2 Summary Report to view the amounts for each employee to confirm everything is correct.
- Reports > Payroll Tax Reports > W-2 Forms.
- Select the year.
- You may have up to two options when selecting which W-2s to download:
- Create W-2s only for employees with no electronic consent. This will produce a PDF containing W-2s only for those employees who have not consented to receive an electronic copy of their W-2 in their employee portal. For more details, see Employee Consent for Electronic W-2s.
- Create W-2s for selected employees. If you need to download all or selected employee W-2s, choose this option and select the employees in the dropdown list.
- Select your PDF Layout Option. You have two options for printing W-2 Forms:
- Option 1: Use Blank Paper
- Option 2: Use Blank 4-Up Perforated Forms
- For details explaining the difference between these two print options, see W-2 Print Options in Patriot Software.
- Click “Create W-2s.” A PDF document will download on your computer, showing the W-2 forms in the format you selected, for the employees you selected.
- Load either your blank printer paper or perforated blank forms in your printer, depending on your PDF layout selection.
- Print W-2 forms from the PDF document. We recommend you save this document to your computer so you can reprint W-2s if needed.